I love this time of year – the hustle and bustle that comes with our line of work – brand refreshes, MAIL and custom gift sets. Right now we have an extreme energy surge before a time of rest (that is much needed and deserved by my team). With this surge, we’re looking ahead to 2017 and are extremely excited.
This Thursday we’re closing our office and spending the day strategizing, planning, goal setting and celebrating. We lock our doors and dedicate the entire day to our clients and ByFarr and after, we CELEBRATE as team by having manicures (we use our hands all of the time and it’s nice for them to be pampered) and having dinner & drinks together. Here are the top 5 reason of why we do it:
1. We believe it takes a team. If we all know where we are going, we are faster, stronger and focused.
2. We believe in visualizing our goals. I love the Great American Baking Show. One thing that the judge says to the constants is to visualize what the bake looks like before starting. We want to visualize what success looks like for our clients and ourselves and achieve it.
3. We believe in growth. I’ll never forget when I heard the quote “if you’re not growing, you’re dying”. We want to be the best version of ourselves for our team mates and our clients.
4. We believe in sharing success. As ByFarr is successful so is the team. In January 2017, we are taking a trip to Disney. Why? Because we hit our 2016 measurable goals that we agreed upon as a team in December 2015.
5. We believe if you do not have a target you will not hit it. We must have goals for ourselves and most importantly for our clients. We are here because of them and we want to exceed their expectations, not just meet them. Goals provide direction, motivation and a clear way to measure your progress. Without goals, you may struggle to find the path from where you are right now to where you want to be. Goal setting doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. You just need to pick a theme, identify the necessary action items and make a commitment to the process.
We follow the SMART goal setting which stands for:
S – specific, significant, stretching
M – measurable, meaningful, motivational
A – agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented
R – realistic, results-oriented
T – time-based, timely, tangible, trackable
Let this be the year you dream again. New Year’s Resolutions do not need to be confined to our personal lives – they can be implemented and impactful to our business’ as well. We highly encourage you and your teams to set goals. Draw posters and visual cues so you see it every day and participate in wins consistently! Remember to take it one action item at a time, and to take time to pat yourself on the back for progress you make. We have a saying that we say when we win a new customer – Ring the bell! This year, we will have a bell installed in our office – tiny but still something where we celebrate TOGETHER.
As a parting wish – our hope is that you have THE BEST YEAR EVER! Cheers.