When we first started ByFarr, we received a lot of questioning from other designers of why we would do wedding invitations. Our answer was and still is: “Why Not?”
Here are the top FIVE reasons we LOVE weddings here at ByFarr:
1. Cotton Paper, Foil, Letterpress, Hand Dyed Organic Ribbon, Hand Applied Liners, the list goes on. As designers and creatives – we love the endless possibilities of combining different printing processes with different papers to create the first impression for our couple’s special day. As the saying goes – you never get a second chance to make a first impression and we believe the first impression for a wedding should be beautifully & thoughtfully designed.
2. 100% Unique: We NEVER get bored with weddings. Each couple we work with has their own different story and different style and it’s evident when we sit down and start talking about their wedding stationery. Every wedding is different so we custom design each invitation suite uniquely.
3. Relationship: We believe in serving well and we like getting to know who we work with. We love that we get to know the special couples and even their families! From Save the Dates to Programs, our relationship can span over a year. We’ve even had the opportunity to design baby announcements for our past brides.
4. Tradition: We love that sending out invitations is a tradition dating back to the 1800’s and we get to carry on that tradition every day. We love the story behind the details of wedding invitations from where they originated to why there are so many envelopes!
Surprisingly, it dates back before there was printing or the invention of the printing press in the 1400’s. Wedding announcements were yelled verbally by a man in town square with a loud bell! Fast forward 200 years, after the use of the press was in full swing, announcements started popping up in newspapers -which is why some choose to announce their engagements in newspapers today. However, it wasn’t until the 1800’s that people fully embraced personal engraved wedding invites and due to the unreliable mail system, nearly all of them were hand-delivered on horseback. We get our double envelope tradition because the outer envelope used to protect the integrity of the inner envelope and invite from the wear and tear of horseback delivery. Some brides still choose to use two envelopes today to ensure cleanliness and a lovely, formal presentation of the invitation to the guest.
Finally, right around the 1950’s, wedding stationery was made affordable through commercial printing and invites were mailed to everyone. Today, letterpress wedding invitations have a luxe appeal and adds the elements of timelessness, elegance and tradition to the process of inviting guests to take part in celebrating a Wedding.
5. It’s what we believe in – We believe in love and marriage and we are honored to play a small part in such beautiful display and celebration!
The above are just 5 reasons why we love weddings. If you are recently engaged and are in need of wedding stationery, we’d love to meet with you. We spent last Sunday at the Columbia Bridal Show and want to continue the fun by hosting a bridal show after party drop-in this Thursday, from 5:30-8pm! We want to help you dream about your big day, drink champagne and talk all things paper!
The Drop-in will be an evening of luxe wedding stationery – everything from Save the Dates and Invitations to Programs, Menus and Favors! We will have letterpress demonstrations and many of our wedding samples on hand for you to view! Enjoy a sweet treat from Izzabees, bites from Southern Way, champagne and wine from Stone River, and florals by White House Wedding Flowers!
Where: ByFarr Design Studio
When: Drop-in 5:30-8pm, this Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017
Congratulations to all the brides, and we look forward to seeing you Thursday!